Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Webinar: “Covid-19 & 2020 Hurricane Season: Sustainable Energy as a Building Block for Economic Resilience in the Caribbean”
The webinar is aimed at professionals in the energy sector, economists, businesspersons and government authorities who make decisions in the field of public policies on energy in the Caribbean. This event is organized by the Executive Secretariat for Integral Development (SEDI) of the Organization of American States (OAS).
Caribbean experts and government leaders will share:
- Experiences of the Covid-19 impact and responses.
- Plans for the 2020 Hurricane Season.
- Vision for the energy sector post-Covid-19.
Format: The event will be set up as a panel discussion.
Introduction: Cletus Springer, Director, OAS Department of Sustainable Development
- Ricardo Case, Engineering Services Director, JPS
- Thornley Myers, General Manager, VINLEC
- Cletus Bertin, Executive Director, CARILEC
- Brian Samuel, Public-Private Partnerships Coordinator, CDB
- Gerald Lindo, Sustainable Energy Expert, CCREEE
- Victoria Healey, Project Leader, Clean Energy Solutions Center
Moderation: Juan Cruz Monticelli, Sustainable Energy Section Chief, OAS
Closing Remarks: Ambassador Brian Challenger, Antigua and Barbuda
Monday, 25 May, 2020