Wednesday, May 9, 2012 - Friday, May 11, 2012
Workshop on Energy Efficiency Strengthening in Social and Low-Income Housing
On Wednesday morning, May 9, participants will meet with OAS and CONUEE representatives for an orientation session. At the end of this session they will attend the sessions of the IFT 2012 International Renewable Energy Forum. Over the course of the day, staff from OAS and CONUEE will be available to address requests relating to the ECPA Energy Efficiency Working Group and the technical support opportunities which it offers.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, May 10 with the purpose of promoting the exchange of best practices and the dialogue on energy efficiency in social and low-income housing. The workshop will start with a series of discussions addressing the evolution of institutions that made possible these types of energy efficiency policies in Chile, the strategies implemented by the country and the institutions in charge of their implementation. Toward the end of the morning, the central theme of the workshop will be addressed in a discussion on housing certification and thermal retrofitting. A discussion on the Mexican green mortgages program will also be held. This successful experience facilitates the financing of thermal retrofitting in low-income dwellings in Mexico. During the afternoon, the workshop will break out in working groups of three or four participants. Group participants will analyze challenges, achievements, experiences and opportunities vis-à-vis energy efficiency in homes presented by the policies of their respective countries' policy, legislation, and regulation. A participant from each group will present the results of the analysis to the workshop for discussion.
On Friday, May 11, participants will attend the renewable energy exhibition and the Forum's closing.
The workshop will be held at the Espacio Riesco Events and Conventions Center, Av. El Salto 5000, Huechuraba, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Second Workshop of the Energy Efficiency Working Group - Juan Cruz Monticelli, Senior Energy Specialist, Organization of American States
- Duties of the Chilean Energy Efficiency Agency - William Phillips, Executive Director, Chilean Energy Efficiency Agency
- National Energy Strategy 2012 - 2020 l Energy Efficiency Policy in Chile - Virginia Zalaquett F., Energy Efficiency Division Chief, Ministry of Energy of Chile
- Mexico's Green Mortgages Mechanism - Ma. Estela García Heredia, Sustainable Housing Manager, National Workers' Housing Fund Institute (INFONAVIT)
- Thermal Reconditioning and Housing Energy Certification - Carla Bardi, Energy Efficiency Division, Ministry of Energy of Chile
Tuesday, 01 May, 2012